Swab Collection & Nucleic Acid Preservation Tubes - CE-marked (for IVD) Add to Cart
• CE-IVD marked in accordance with EU Directive 98/79/EC
• Ideal for use in in vitro diagnostic workflows
• No need to immediately process samples
• Preserved DNA, incl. viral DNA, is stable for > 4 months at room temperature
• Preserved RNA, incl. viral RNA, is stable for > 2 months at room temperature
• Inactivates SARS-CoV-2 virus - view App Note for more information
• Ship swab samples at room temperature safely
• Compatible with most DNA and RNA isolation methods
Norgen’s Total Nucleic Acid Preservation Tubes are designed for ambient preservation and transport of total nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) from samples collected using a swab.
Norgen’s Total Nucleic Acid Preservation Tubes Dx are designed for ambient preservation and transport of total nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) from samples collected using a swab. The Total Nucleic Acid Preservation Tubes contain Norgen’s Total Nucleic Acid Preservative in a liquid format. The user simply collects the specimen using a sterile nylon flocked swab (not provided), and then transfers the swab into the Total Nucleic Acid Preservative. The Preservative prevents the growth of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and fungi, and also inactivates viruses allowing the resulting non-infectious samples to be handled and shipped safely. In addition, the Total Nucleic Acid Preservative eliminates the need to immediately process or freeze samples and allows the samples to be shipped to centralized testing facilities at ambient temperatures.
The components of the preservative allow DNA samples to be stored at room temperature for over 4 months and RNA samples to be stored at room temperature for over 2 months. This kit is ideal for collecting and preserving nasal and oral swab samples for in vitro diagnostic use for medical purposes. Norgen’s Total Nucleic Acid Preservation Tubes Dx are intended for use by professional users such as technicians, physicians and biologists experienced and trained in molecular biological techniques. Norgen’s Total Nucleic Acid Preservation Tubes Dx do not provide a diagnostic result. It is the sole responsibility of the user to use and validate these devices in conjunction with a downstream in vitro diagnostic assay.