Saliva/Swab RNA Purification Kit, 96-well plate format Add to Cart
|Quantity:||2 x 96|
• For High quality total RNA, including viral RNA,
• For fresh and preserved saliva and swab samples
• High throughput 96-well plate format for rapid purifications
• Fast and easy processing procedure
• Isolate total RNA, from large rRNA down to microRNA (miRNA)
• Very consistent well-to-well RNA isolation
• No phenol or chloroform extractions
• Bind & elute all RNA irrespective of size or GC content, without bias
• Very sensitive & linear down to a few cells/viral copies, no need for carrier RNA
• Purified RNA for many downstream applications, incl. Small RNA Sequencing
Norgen’s Saliva/Swab RNA Purification 96-Well Kit provides a rapid method for the high-throughput purification of total RNA from non-preserved saliva and nasal/throat swabs, and from preserved saliva collected on Norgen’s Saliva RNA Collection and Preservation Devices or preserved swabs collected in Norgen’s Total Nucleic Acid Preservative Tubes. Purification is based on using Norgen’s proprietary resin separation matrix. RNA is preferentially purified from other cellular components such as proteins, without the use of phenol or chloroform. The kit allows the purification of total RNA, including viral and bacterial RNA, irrespective of size or GC content. The purified RNA is eluted in an Elution Solution that is compatible with all downstream applications including real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays.
Average RNA Yield of Samples Isolated by Norgens Saliva/Swab RNA Purification Kit
Figure 1. The average yield of RNA isolated by Norgens Saliva/Swab RNA Purification Kit is ≥ 1 µg. Duplicate preserved (P) and non-preserved (NP) swab (nasal and oral) and saliva samples were collected from different donors. Preserved swab samples (nasal or oral) were collected into Norgens Total Nucleic Acid Preservative Tubes (Cat #69200-NB) and preserved saliva samples were collected using Norgens Saliva RNA Collection and Preservation Devices (Cat #RU53800-NB). Non-preserved samples were processed immediately without mixing with any preservative. All collected samples were processed for RNA isolation using Norgens Saliva/Swab RNA Purification Kit, using an input of 0.25 mL from preserved samples and the non-preserved saliva or the entire non-preserved swab for the non-preserved swabs. NanoDrop was used to estimate the concentration and yield of the isolated RNA.