Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit II (for use with PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes) Add to Cart
Rapid isolation and purification of total RNA from blood that has been preserved using PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes
• Compatible with PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes (Trademark of PreAnalytiX, tubes not provided in the kit)
• Isolate the whole diversity of RNA species - All RNA species can be isolated, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)
• High quality total RNA - Isolate inhibitor-free RNA that can be used directly in sensitive downstream applications including RT-qPCR
• Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of 10 samples in 30 minutes, without the use of hazardous phenol or chloroform
Norgen’s Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit II provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total RNA from blood that has been preserved using PAXgeneTM Blood RNA Tubes. The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA). The RNA is preferentially purified from other cellular components such as proteins, without the use of phenol or chloroform.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary silcon carbide resin as the separation matrix. Briefly, the preserved blood sample is first lysed using the provided Lysis Solution, ethanol is added and the released RNA is bound to Norgen´s column. Under these conditions only the RNA will bind to Norgen´s resin while most of the contaminating cellular proteins are removed in the flowthrough or retained on top of the resin. The bound RNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities. Lastly, the purified total RNA is eluted into 50 µL of the provided Elution Buffer or water.
Figure 1. High Quality of Isolated RNA with Complete Size Range:
Unlike most competitor’s kits, Norgen´s Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit II (for use with PaxgeneTM Blood RNA Tubes) allows for the isolation of all sizes of RNA, from the very large RNA down to the microRNA without the use of phenol. Total RNA was isolated from preserved blood using Norgen’s Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit II (for use with PAXgeneTM Blood RNA Tubes) and a leading competitors kit. The purified RNA was then resolved on a 1.2% formaldehyde-agarose gel. As it can be seen, only Norgen’s kit was able to isolate the full diversity of RNA species, including all the small RNA species.
Figure 2. High Yield of a Diversity of RNA Species: Norgen’s Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit II (for use with PAXgeneTM Blood RNA Tubes) effectively recovers all sizes of RNA from large mRNA to small RNA, including microRNAs. Total RNA was isolated from human blood collected in a PAXgeneTM Blood RNA Tube followed by RNA isolation using Norgen’s Preserved Blood RNA Purification Kit. II The purified RNA was then used as the template in a RT-qPCR for detecting the S15 gene (blue lines, in duplicate) and for detecting miR-21 (red lines, in duplicate). As it can be seen, Norgen’s kit isolated complete range of RNA including high yields of mRNA and microRNA.
Maximum Column Binding Capacity: 50 ug
Maximum Column Loading Volume: 650 ul
Size of RNA Purified: All sizes, including small RNA (<200 nt)
Time to Complete 10 Purifications: 30 minutes
Average Yield: 5 – 20 ug per 2.5 ml preserved blood
• Quantitative, real-time RT-PCR for both large mRNA and small RNA including miRNA
• RT-PCR for both large mRNA and small RNA including miRNA Expression profiling
• Next Generation Sequencing for RNA and miRNA
• microRNA cloning and amplification
• RNase protection
• Primer extension
1. NPX1 Solution
2. NPX2 Solution
3. NPX3 Solution
4. NPX4 Solution
5. NPX5 Solution
6. DNase I
7. Mini Spin Columns
8. Collection Tubes
9. Elution tubes (1.7 mL)
10. Product Insert
- Meyer A, Paroni F, Günther K, Dharmadhikari G, Ahrens W, Kelm S, Maedler K. (2016) Evaluation of Existing Methods for Human Blood mRNA Isolation and Analysis for Large Studies. PLoS One