COVID-19 TaqMan RT-PCR Kit (E/RdRP genes- Charite/Berlin protocol) Add to Cart
• SARS-CoV-2 detection based on the Charité/Berlin protocol (E/RdRP genes) recommended by WHO
• Primer & Probe Mixes contain all E gene/RP and RdRP gene assays in individual tubes
• All assays are premixed to the working concentrations recommended by the Charité/Berlin protocol
• Positive Control contains the three SARS-related target genes: E gene, RdRP gene as well as the human RP (internal control)
• Convenient ready-to-use 2X One-Step RT-PCR Master Mix
Norgen’s COVID-19 TaqMan RT-PCR Kit (E/RdRP genes) is a multiplexed assay designed for simple, reliable and rapid qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 specific RNA using TaqMan® technology (FAM and HEX/VIC).
The kit includes 2x One-Step RT-PCR Master Mix and 2 primer/probe mixes, a positive control and a negative control (nuclease-free water). The first primer/probe mix is the E gene/RP that targets the SARS-CoV-2 – specific Envelop gene (E gene - FAM) in addition to the human RNase P transcript (RP - HEX/VIC) as an internal control target to monitor for PCR inhibition, and to validate the quality of the sample and the detection result. The second Primer/Probe Mix is for the RdRP gene and detects two RNA-dependent RNA Polymerase (RdRP) targets where the first RdRP target is SARS-CoV-2 specific (FAM) while the second RdRP target is to detect SARS-CoV and bat-SARS-related CoVs (HEX). The use of the second RdRP gene Primer/Probe Mix is only required as a discriminatory/confirmatory step with samples showing positive amplification of the E gene. The provided E gene/RdRP/RP Positive Control contains an in vitro RNA transcript for the three SARS-related target genes: E gene, RdRP gene as well as the human RP (internal control).
Norgen’s 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit was developed and validated to be used with the following PCR instruments:
• Qiagen Rotor-Gene Q
• BioRad CFX96 Touch™ Real-Time PCR Detection System
• ABI 7500
This kit is manufactured under ISO 13485:2016 for research use only!