Founded in 2006, our partner Shenandoah is specialized in the manufacturing of recombinant human, mouse and rat proteins in E. coli. The bioactive cytokines, chemokines and growth factors provided are used in many research areas such as cancer, stem cell biology, immunology and developmental biology. A step-by-step quality control approach including cell-based assays to assess the biological activity of the proteins ensures high product quality.
Custom protein expression, bulk (milligrams to grams) protein production and inclusion body protein folding and purification services are also offered.
To support researchers concerned about the ever-present risk of contaminating human proteins with trace growth factors from FBS and animal-derived ingredients typically used in standard recombinant protein production techniques, Shenandoah has developed animal-free protein products. These proteins are provided carrier-free. No materials of animal or human origin were used to manufacture these proteins and no viral testing is done.
- Highly pure recombinant proteins
- Biological activity tested using cell-based assays
- Rigorous quality control and assurance
- Extensive documentation
- Animal-free proteins available
Quality Control Overview
Animal-Free (AF) Proteins
- NO FBS or Animal-Derived Ingredients
- Non-mammalian production system (E.coli-based system)
- Animal-Free facility, fermentor, columns, filters, labware, lyophilization and storage