PiggyBac Transposon System
- Donor Vectors for Homologous Recombination
- Dual Promoter Expression Vectors for cDNA and microRNA
- Inducible Single Promoter Expression Vector for cDNA and microRNA
- Inducible Single Promoter Expression Vector for shRNA
- iPSC Expression Vectors
- PiggyBac Transposon Copy Count
- Single Promoter Expression Vectors for cDNA and microRNA
- Single Promoter Expression Vectors for shRNA
- Transposase Expression Vectors
• One transfection makes transgenic cell lines
• Effective in human, mouse and rat cells
• No cargo limit — integrate 10-100kb
• All-in-one tight inducible PiggyBac vector
SBI´s PiggyBac Transposon System
The PiggyBac (PB) transposon is a mobile genetic element that efficiently transposes between vectors and chromosomes via a "cut and paste" mechanism. During transposition, the PB transposase recognizes transposon-specific inverted terminal repeat sequences (ITRs) located on both ends of the transposon vector and efficiently moves the contents from the original sites and efficiently integrates them into TTAA chromosomal sites. The powerful activity of the PiggyBac transposon system enables genes of interest between the two ITRs in the PB vector to be easily mobilized into target genomes.
No cargo limit and can be re-excised
The unique features of PiggyBac transposons are that there is no cargo limit and it is also reversible. Genomes containing an inserted PiggyBac vector can be transiently re-transfected with the PB tranposase expression vector. The PB transposase will remove the transposons from the genome, footprint-free.
The PiggyBac Transposon System has two parts
1. PiggyBac transposase expression vector (PB210PA-1-SBI or PB220PA-1-SBI)
2. PiggyBac transposon vector of your choice
The PiggyBac all-in-one inducible vector (PBQM812A-1-SBI) will require the cumate solution (PBQM100A-1-SBI) for induction.
BioCat/SBI are fully licensed to distribute PiggyBac vectors as a partnership with Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
See label license information below.
Kahlig KM, Saridey SK, Kaja A, Daniels MA, George AL Jr, Wilson MH. Multiplexed transposon-mediated stable gene transfer in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Jan 26;107(4):1343-8.
Nakanishi H, Higuchi Y, Kawakami S, Yamashita F, Hashida M. PiggyBac transposon-mediated long-term gene expression in mice. Mol Ther. 2010 Apr;18(4):707-14.
Yusa K, Rad R, Takeda J, Bradley A. Generation of transgene-free induced pluripotent mouse stem cells by the piggyBac transposon. Nat Methods. 2009 May;6(5):363-9.
Chen YT, Furushima K, Hou PS, Ku AT, Deng JM, Jang CW, Fang H, Adams HP, Kuo ML, Ho HN, Chien CL, Behringer RR. PiggyBac transposon-mediated, reversible gene transfer in human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2010 Jun;19(6):763-71.
Wilson MH, Coates CJ, George AL Jr. PiggyBac transposon-mediated gene transfer in human cells. Mol Ther. 2007 Jan;15(1):139-45.
Woltjen K, Michael IP, Mohseni P, Desai R, Mileikovsky M, Hämäläinen R, Cowling R, Wang W, Liu P, Gertsenstein M, Kaji K, Sung HK, Nagy A. PiggyBac transposition reprograms fibroblasts to induced pluripotent stem cells. Nature. 2009 Apr 9;458(7239):766-70.
PDF-Downloads - Will open in new browser window