ApoGSH Colorimetric Glutathione Detection Kit Add to Cart
Diminished glutathione (GSH) level occurs at the early stages of apoptosis.
BioCat offers two convenient kits for assaying glutathione levels by fluorometric and
ApoGSH™ Glutathione Colorimetric Assay
The ApoGSH™ Glutathione Colorimetric Assay Kit provides a convenient, colorimetric
method for analyzing total glutathione using a microtiter plate reader.
The assay is based on the glutathione recycling system by DTNB and glutathione reductase.
DTNB and glutathione (GSH) react to generate 2-nitro-5-thiobenzoic acid and GSSG.
Since 2-nitro-5-thiobenzoic acid is a yellow colored product, GSH concentration can be
determined by the measuring absorbance at 412 nm.
GSH is generated from GSSG by glutathione reductase, and reacts with DTNB again to
produce more 2-nitro-5-thiobenzoic acid. Therefore, the recycling system improves the
sensitivity of total glutathione detection.
The kit includes all necessary reagents to quantify total glutathione concentrations from 1
µM to 100 µM using the standard colorimetric method.
For detecting lower glutathione concentrations, such as in blood samples, increasing reaction
time will generate stronger signal.
- Yuan, CW et al. et al. (2017) Evaluation of efficacy and toxicity of exfoliated silicate nanoclays as a feed additive for fumonisin detoxification. J. Agric. Food Chem
- Wang, Y. et al. et al. (2017) Quercetin and cyanidin-3-glucoside protect against photooxidation and photodegradation of A2E in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Experimental Eye Research
- Park, S. et al. et al. (2017) Proteasome inhibitor-induced cleavage of HSP90 is mediated by ROS generation and caspase 10-activation in human leukemic cells. Redox Biology
- Jong-Lyel Roh et al. (2017) Nrf2 inhibition reverses the resistance of cisplatin-resistant head and neck cancer cells to artesunate-induced ferroptosis. Redox Biology
- Hua Fan et al. (2017) Sinomenine Protects PC12 Neuronal Cells against H2O2-induced Cytotoxicity and Oxidative Stress via a ROS-dependent Up-regulation of Endogenous Antioxidant System. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Barbara Hissa et al. (2017) Cholesterol depletion impairs contractile machinery in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes. Scientific Reports
- Asok R. Karuri et al. (2017) 3H-1,2-dithiole-3-thione targets nuclear factor kappaB to block expression of inducible nitric-oxide synthase, prevents hypotension, and improves survival in endotoxemic rats. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Zhuzhen Z. Zhang et al. (2016) Glutathione Depletion, Pentose Phosphate Pathway Activation, and Hemolysis in Erythrocytes Protecting Cancer Cells from Vitamin C-induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of Biochemistry
- Rosalinda Knight et al. (2016) Dietary selenium disrupts hepatic triglyceride stores and transcriptional networks associated with growth and Notch signaling in juvenile rainbow trout. Aquatic Toxicology
- Jung-Hwa Cha et al. (2016) Vitamin A supplementation modifies the antioxidant system in rats. Nutrition Research and Practice
- Eun Hye Kim et al. (2016) A Novel Polyphenol Conjugate Sensitizes Cisplatin-Resistant Head and Neck Cancer Cells to Cisplatin via Nrf2 Inhibition. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics
- B. Bai et al. (2016) Danshen prevents articular cartilage degeneration via antioxidation in rabbits with osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
- Azadeh Rasooli et al. (2016) Synergistic Protective Activity of Deuterium Depleted Water (DDW) and Satureja rechingeri Essential Oil on Hepatic Oxidative Injuries Induced by Acetaminophen in Rats. Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants
- Ying Liu et al. (2015) Adiponectin Stimulates Autophagy and Reduces Oxidative Stress to Enhance Insulin Sensitivity During High-Fat Diet Feeding in Mice. diabetes
- Jinu Kim et al. (2015) TIGAR regulates glycolysis in ischemic kidney proximal tubules. Renal Physiology
- Guangzhi Chen et al. (2015) CYP2J2 overexpression attenuates nonalcoholic fatty liver disease induced by high-fat diet in mice. Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Jiangbin Ye et al. (2014) Serine Catabolism Regulates Mitochondrial Redox Control during Hypoxia. Cancer Discovery
- Rk Srivastava et al. (2013) Nano-titanium dioxide induces genotoxicity and apoptosis in human lung cancer cell line, A549. Human & Experimental Toxicology
- Richard D. Dinnen et al. (2013) Redirecting Apoptosis to Aponecrosis Induces Selective Cytotoxicity to Pancreatic Cancer Cells through Increased ROS, Decline in ATP Levels, and VDAC. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics
- P. Seidel et al. (2011) IκBα glutathionylation and reduced histone H3 phosphorylation inhibit eotaxin and RANTES. European Respiratory journal
- Fengjiao Zhang et al. (2011) The Cytoprotective Effect of N-acetyl-L-cysteine against ROS-Induced Cytotoxicity Is Independent of Its Ability to Enhance Glutathione Synthesis. Toxicological Sciences
- Emmanuelle Jeannot et al. (2010) Spectrum of HNF1A somatic mutations in hepatocellular adenoma differs from that in patients with MODY3 and suggests genotoxic damage. diabetes
- Brendan D. Stamper et al. (2010) Differential regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways by acetaminophen and its nonhepatotoxic regioisomer 3'-hydroxyacetanilide in TAMH cells. Toxicological Sciences
- Alison Howard et al. (2010) Glycine transporter GLYT1 is essential for glycine-mediated protection of human intestinal epithelial cells against oxidative damage. The Journal of Physiology
- Manuel Macias-Gonzalez et al. (2008) PPARgamma mRNA expression is reduced in peripheral blood mononuclear cells after fat overload in patients with metabolic syndrome. The Journal of Nutrition
- Jinghui Luo et al. (2008) The molecular mechanisms of the attenuation of cisplatin-induced acute renal failure by N-acetylcysteine in rats. ndt
- Yulia Nefedova et al. (2007) Mechanism of all-trans retinoic acid effect on tumor-associated myeloid-derived suppressor cells. Cancer Research
- Christine L. Powell et al. (2006) Phenotypic anchoring of acetaminophen-induced oxidative stress with gene expression profiles in rat liver. Toxicological Sciences
- Ying Huang et al. (2005) Cystine-glutamate transporter SLC7A11 in cancer chemosensitivity and chemoresistance. Cancer Research
- Gökhan M. Mutlu et al. (2005) Airborne particulate matter inhibits alveolar fluid reabsorption in mice via oxidant generation. ATS Journals