RNA/DNA/Protein Purification Plus Micro Kit (for small input amounts) Add to Cart
Special629.10 € - valid until 31 March 2019
For sequential isolation of total RNA, genomic DNA and total proteins from the same sample
• Rapid procedure - Isolate total RNA, genomic DNA and total proteins from a single sample in less than 30 minutes
• Small elution volumes - Small elution volume result in a higher concentration of eluted RNA/DNA/Protein
• Sequentially isolate and purify total RNA, genomic DNA and total proteins from a single sample
• Isolate a diversity of RNA species, from large mRNA down to microRNA
• No phenol extractions
• Isolate high quality RNA, DNA and proteins
• Isolate from small samples - Sequential isolation of RNA, DNA and protein from a single sample. Ideal for precious, difficult to obtain or small samples such as biopsy material or single foci from cell cultures.
• Reduce variability - no splitting of the lysate, thus reducing inconsistent results and variability
• Purify RNA/DNA/Protein from cultured animal cells, tissues, blood, bacteria, yeast, fungi or plants
• Complete column purification - The RNA, DNA and proteins are all column purified
Norgen’s RNA/DNA/Protein Purification Plus Micro Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total RNA, genomic DNA and proteins sequentially from a single sample of cultured animal cells, small tissue samples, microdissected samples including laser-capture microdissection (LCM), blood, fungi or plants. The total RNA, genomic DNA and proteins are all column purified in less than 30 minutes. The RNA and DNA can be eluted in as little as 20 µL while the protein can be eluted in as little as 50 µL. This kit is ideal for researchers who are interested in studying the genome, proteome and transcriptome of a single sample, such as for studies of microRNA profiling, gene expression including gene silencing experiments or mRNA knockdowns, studies involving biomarker discovery, and for characterization of cultured cell lines. Norgen’s RNA/DNA/Protein Purification Plus Micro Kit is especially useful for researchers who are isolating macromolecules from precious, difficult to obtain or small samples such as biopsy materials, LCM or single foci from cell cultures, as it eliminates the need to fractionate the sample. Furthermore, analysis will be more reliable since the RNA, DNA and proteins are derived from the same sample, thereby eliminating inconsistent results.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography. Briefly, the process involves first lysing the cells or tissue of interest with the provided Lysis Solution and the lysate is loaded onto a DNA Purification Micro Column. Under these conditions only the DNA will bind to the column while the RNA and proteins are removed in the flowthrough (BIND 1). Next, the bound DNA is washed with the to remove impurities (WASH 1), and the purified DNA is eluted with the DNA Elution Solution (ELUTE 1). The flowthrough of the DNA purification step is then loaded onto a RNA/Protein Purification Micro Column. Total RNA, including microRNAs, will bind to the column while the proteins are removed in the flowthrough (BIND 2). The bound RNA is then washed (WASH 2), and eluted from the column (ELUTE 2). The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA).
The proteins that are present from the RNA binding flowthrough can now be loaded directly onto an SDS-PAGE gel for visual analysis. Alternatively, the protein samples can be further purified using the same RNA/Protein Purification Micro Column. The RNA flowthrough is pH adjusted and loaded back onto the column in order to bind the proteins that are present (BIND 3). The bound proteins are washed with the provided wash buffer (WASH 3), and are then eluted such that they can be used in downstream applications (ELUTE 3).
The purified RNA, DNA and proteins are of the highest integrity and can be used in a number of downstream applications.