Plasma/Serum Circulating and Exosomal RNA Purification Maxi Kit (Slurry Format), 2 - 5 ml sample input Add to Cart
For rapid and simple isolation of circulating RNA from plasma/serum samples
• Isolate all sizes of circulating RNA, including microRNA
• Versatile plasma and serum input volumes (2 ml to 5 ml)
• Concentrate circulating RNA into small elution volumes
• Isolate inhibitor-free circulating RNA
Norgen’s Plasma/Serum Circulating RNA Purification Maxi Kit (Slurry Format) provides a fast, reliable and simple procedure for isolating circulating RNA from plasma and serum samples ranging from 2 ml to 5 ml. Free-circulating plasma and serum RNA can serve as both tumor- and fetal-specific markers for cancer detection and prenatal diagnosis. As well, free-circulating RNAs have the potential to provide biomarkers for other disease states. Free-circulating RNA in plasma or serum are usually present as short fragments of less than 1000nt, and free-circulating miRNA (21nt) can also be found in plasma and serum. This kit is able to isolate all sizes of circulating RNA, including microRNA, without the use of phenol or chloroform. The slurry format provides an advantage over other available kits in that it does not require extension tubes for the purification of free-circulating RNA from large sample volumes. RNA can be isolated from either fresh or frozen samples using this kit. This kit is suitable for the isolation of RNA from serum or plasma prepared from blood collected only on either EDTA or citrate. Plasma samples prepared from blood collected on heparin should not be used as heparin can significantly interfere with many downstream applications including RT-PCR.
Purification is based on using Norgen´s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. For the isolation of circulating RNA the plasma/serum samples are mixed with PS Solution A, which contains the separation matrix. PS Solution B and ethanol are then added, and the mixture is centrifuged. PS Solution C is then added to the pellet, and the slurry is loaded onto a provided Mini Filter Spin Columns. This is followed by washing of the bound RNA to remove the remaining proteins and other impurities. Lastly, the purified circulating RNA is eluted into 100 µl of the provided Elution Buffer.
Preparation time for a single sample is less than 40 minutes. The purified plasma/serum free-circulating RNA is eluted in an elution solution that is compatible with real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays.
- Lucienne Tritten, Erica Burkman, Andrew Moorhead, Mohammed Satti, James Geary, Charles Mackenzie, Timothy Geary. (2014) Detection of Circulating Parasite-Derived MicroRNAs in Filarial Infections. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Lucienne Tritten, Maeghan O’Neill, Samuel Wanji, Abdel Njouendoui, Fanny Fombad, Jonas Kengne-Ouaffo, Charles Mackenzie, Timothy Geary. (2014) Loa loa and Onchocerca ochengi miRNAs detected in host circulation. Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology