Fatty Tissue RNA Purification Kit for mammalian tissue with high lipid content (adipose, brain) Add to Cart
For purification of total RNA (including microRNA) from animal tissues with high lipid content
• Isolate high quality total RNA from hard to extract fatty tissues including brain and adipose tissues.
• Isolate a diversity of RNA species - All RNA species, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA), can be isolated
• No phenol or chloroform extractions
• Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of 10 samples in 50 minutes
• Genomic DNA removal without the use of nucleases
Norgen’s Fatty Tissue RNA Purification Kit provides a rapid and optimized method for the isolation and purification of total RNA from animal tissues with high lipid content, including brain and adipose tissues. The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA), without the use of inhibitory phenol or chloroform. While the kit is optimized for fatty tissues, it can also be used for most mammalian tissue samples. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays. The kit is suitable to isolate and detect RNA from tissues stored with RNA Preservation Reagents like RNAlater®.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. Briefly, the tissue of interest is first lysed using the Lysis Solution. Next, the lysate is diluted and the genomic DNA is removed from the sample by passing the lysate through a spin column. The flowthrough containing the RNA is then re-adjusted and bound to a second spin column for purification (BIND). Under these conditions only the RNA will bind to Norgen´s resin while most of the contaminating cellular proteins and contaminants are removed in the flowthrough or retained on top of the resin. The bound RNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified total RNA is eluted into the provided Elution Buffer or water (ELUTE).
- Saul MC, Zhao C, Driessen TM, Eisinger BE, Gammie SC. (2015) MicroRNA expression is altered in lateral septum across reproductive stages. Neuroscience
- Mancebo MJ, Ceballos FC, Pérez-Maceira J, Aldegunde M. (2013) Hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene expression is not affected by central serotonin in the rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology