Total RNA Purification Kit (96-well format) for plants and fungi Add to Cart
|Quantity:||2 plates/192 preps|
For the rapid purification of total RNA (including microRNA) from plants and fungi
• Isolate RNA from a wide range of plant and filamentous fungi samples
• Isolate total RNA, including virus & viroid RNA – Purified RNA can be used for the detection of viral pathogens including viroids.
• Robust lysis buffer is well-suited to even challenging samples such as pine needle or grape leaf
• Isolate a diversity of RNA species - All sizes of RNA are isolated from large mRNA down to microRNA, without the use of phenol or chloroform
• Isolated RNA is of high quality, integrity and diversity
• Also available as 50 and 100 preps kit
Norgen’s Plant/Fungi Total RNA Purification Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total RNA, including virus & viroid RNA, from a wide range of plants. Total RNA can be purified from fresh or frozen plant tissues, plant cells or filamentous fungi samples using this kit. All sizes of RNA are purified, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA). The procedure is rapid and convenient.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. Briefly, the cells or tissue are homogenized in a mortar and pestle using liquid nitrogen. Next, the provided Lysis Solution is added and the lysate is then spun to pellet any debris. Ethanol is then added to the clarified lysate, and the solution is loaded onto a spin-column (BIND). Under these conditions only the RNA will bind to Norgen’s resin while most of the DNA and proteins are removed in the flowthrough. The bound RNA is then washed in order to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified total RNA is eluted into the supplied Elution Solution or water (ELUTE). Please see the procedure flowchart below.
The RNA is preferentially purified from other cellular components, such as proteins, without the use of phenol or chloroform. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays. This kit is available in two convenient sizes - 50 preps and 96 preps.
Isolation of High Quality RNA, even from Difficult Samples. Total RNA was isolated from 50 mg samples of apple (Lanes 1), peach (Lanes 2), grape (Lanes 3), pine needle (Lanes 4), strawberry (Lanes 5) and pear (Lanes 6) using Norgen’s kit and a competitors kit. Five µL of total RNA from the 50 µL of elution was loaded on 1X MOPS 1.0 % Formaldehyde-Agarose RNA gel for analysis. Norgen’s kit allowed for the isolation of high quality RNA from all the samples, including the difficult samples, while the competitor failed to isolate RNA from grape, pine needles and strawberry. Furthermore, only Norgen’s kit was able to isolate the small RNA species (white box).
Detection of EF1-α using one step RT-qPCR from Challenging Plant Samples. Total RNA was isolated from 50 mg samples of apple (red), peach (green), pine needle (blue) and grape leaves (burgundy) using Norgen´s Plant/Fungi Total RNA Purification Kit. Three µL of the eluted 50 µL of RNA was used in an RT-qPCR reaction for the detection of EF1-α. EF1-α was detected from all samples, indicating that the RNA is of high quality and that the Plant/Fungi RNA Purification kit is highly sensitive for total RNA isolation.
High Yield of Plant RNA Samples isolated from Apple, Peach and Pear. Total RNA was isolated using Norgen’s kit (Blue bars) and competitor’s kit (Green bars) from 50 mg of apple, peach and pear according to the provided manual. In each case the RNA was eluted into 50 µL. RNA yield was measured by spectrophotometer in triplicate, and the average concentration was used for data. Norgen’s kit resulted in higher yields of total RNA, including miRNA. Total processing time was less with Norgen’s kit than competitor’s kit.
High Purity of RNA Samples Isolated from Apple, Peach and Pear. RNA was isolated from 50 mg samples of apple, peach and pear using Norgen´s Plant/Fungi RNA Purification Kit and a competitor´s kit. RNA purity was determined spectrophotometrically for the RNA isolated using Norgen´s kit (260/230 = gold bars) and the competitor´s kit (260/230 = grey bars). Also shown is the 260/280 ratio for the samples. Norgen´s kit consistently isolated pure samples of Plant RNA with 260/230 ratios above 2.0, whereas the competitor´s kit had 260/230 ratios below 1.2 for the same samples.
- Frida Fallanaj, Antonio Ippolito, Angela Ligorio, Francesca Garganese, Ciro Zavanella, Simona M. Sanzani. (2016) Electrolyzed sodium bicarbonate inhibits Penicillium digitatum and induces defence responses against green mould in citrus fruit. Postharvest Biology and Technology
- Mora-Ortiz M, Swain MT, Vickers MJ, Hegarty MJ, Kelly R, Smith LM, Skøt L. (2016) De-novo transcriptome assembly for gene identification, analysis, annotation, and molecular marker discovery in Onobrychis viciifolia. BMC Genomics
- Huogen Xiao, Won-Sik Kim and Baozhong Meng. (2015) A highly effective and versatile technology for the isolation of RNAs from grapevines and other woody perennials for use in virus diagnostics. Virology Journal
- W.-S. Kim, Y. Haj-Ahmad, L. W. Stobbs & N. Greig. (2015) Evaluation of viroid extraction methods and application of a one-step reverse transcription real-time polymerase chain reaction assay (RT-qPCR) for the rapid detection of Chrysanthemum stunt viroid (CSVd) infection. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology
- Mohamad Abu-Abied, Inna Mordehaev, Gujulla B Sunil Kumar, Ron Ophir, Geoffrey O. Wasteneys, Einat Sadot. (2015) Analysis of Microtubule-Associated-Proteins during IBA-Mediated Adventitious Root Induction Reveals KATANIN Dependent and Independent Alterations of Expression Patterns. PLOS ONE
- Lidor Shaar-Moshe, Sariel Hübner and Zvi Peleg. (2015) Identification of conserved drought-adaptive genes using a cross-species meta-analysis approach. BMC Plant Biology
- Takao Ito, Akihiko Sato, Koichi Suzaki. (2015) An assemblage of divergent variants of a novel putative closterovirus from American persimmon. Virus Genes
- Ben-Tov D, Abraham Y, Stav S, Thompson K, Loraine A, Elbaum R, De Souza A, Pauly M, Kieber JJ, Harpaz-Saad S. (2015) COBRA-LIKE 2, a member of the GPI-anchored COBRA-LIKE family, plays a role in cellulose deposition in Arabidopsis seed coat mucilage secretory cells. Plant Physiology Preview
- Mariacarmela Vaccaro, Nicola Malafronte, Mariaevelina Alfieri, Nunziatina De Tommasi, Antonietta Leone. (2014) Enhanced biosynthesis of bioactive abietane diterpenes by overexpressing AtDXS or AtDXR genes in Salvia sclarea hairy roots. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture (PCTOC)
- van Munster JM, Daly P, Delmas S, Pullan ST, Blythe MJ, Malla S, Kokolski M, Noltorp EC, Wennberg K, Fetherston R, Beniston R, Yu X, Dupree P, Archer DB. (2014) The role of carbon starvation in the induction of enzymes that degrade plant-derived carbohydrates in Aspergillus niger. Fungal Genetics Biology
- Wen JZ, Liao JY, Zheng LL, Xu H, Yang JH, Guan DG, Zhang SM, Zhou H, Qu LH. (2014) A Contig-Based Strategy for the Genome-Wide Discovery of MicroRNAs without Complete Genome Resources. PLoS One
- Melanie L. Kalischuk, Dan Johnson, Lawrence M. Kawchuk. (2014) Priming with a double-stranded DNA virus alters Brassica rapa seed architecture and facilitates a defense response. Gene
- Corine N. Schoebel, Stefan Zoller, Daniel Rigling. (2014) Detection and genetic characterisation of a novel mycovirus in Hymenoscyphus fraxineus, the causal agent of ash dieback. Infection, Genetics and Evolution
- Aviv Levy, David Szwerdszarf, Mohamad Abu-Abied, Inna Mordehaev, Yossi Yaniv, Joseph Riov, Tzahi Arazi and Einat Sadot. (2014) Profiling microRNAs in Eucalyptus grandis reveals no mutual relationship between alterations in miR156 and miR172 expression and adventitious root induction during development. BMC Genomics
- Hitoshi Suzuki, Thu V. Vuong, Yunchen Gong, Kin Chan, Chi-Yip Ho, Emma R. Master, Akihiko Kondo. (2014) Sequence diversity and gene expression analyses of expansin-related proteins in the white-rot basidiomycete, Phanerochaete carnosa. Fungal Genetics and Biology
- MTS Yeo, P Carella, J Fletcher, MJ Champigny, EA Weretilnyk and Cameron. (2014) Development of a Pseudomonas syringae–Eutrema salsugineum pathosystem to investigate disease resistance in a stress tolerant extremophile model plant. Plant Pathology
- Fang H, Liu X, Thorn G, Duan J, Tian L. (2013) Expression analysis of histone acetyltransferases in rice under drought stress. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications
- Buxdorf K, Rubinsky G, Barda O, Burdman S, Aharoni A, Levy M. (2013) The transcription factor SlSHINE3 modulates defense responses in tomato plants. Plant Mol Biology
- Luo Y, Wang Z, Ji H, Fang H, Wang S, Tian L, Li X. (2013) An Arabidopsis homolog of importin beta 1 is required for ABA response and drought tolerance. The Plant Journal
- Novodvorska M, Hayer K, Pullan ST, Wilson R, Blythe MJ, Stam H, Stratford M, Archer DB. (2013) Trancriptional landscape of Aspergillus niger at breaking of conidial dormancy revealed by RNA-sequencing. BMC Genomics
- Ito T, Nakaune R, Nakano M, Suzaki K. (2013) Novel variants of grapevine leafroll-associated virus 4 and 7 detected from a grapevine showing leafroll symptoms. Archives of Virology
- Wang X, Kohalmi SE, Svircev A, Wang A, Sanfaçon H, Tian L. (2013) Silencing of the Host Factor eIF(iso)4E Gene Confers Plum Pox Virus Resistance in Plum. PLOS One
- R. Tzarfati, S.Ben-Dor, I. Sela and E.E. Goldschmidt. (2013) Graft-induced Changes in MicroRNA Expression Patterns in Citrus Leaf Petioles. The Open Plant Science Journal
- Stratford M, Nebe-von-Caron G, Steels H, Novodvorska M, Ueckert J, Archer DB. (2012) Weak-acid preservatives: pH and proton movements in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. International Journal of Food Microbiology
- Chua JP, Wallace EJ, Yardley JA, Duncan EJ, Dearden PK, Summerfield TC. (2012) Gene expression indicates a zone of heterocyst differentiation within the thallus of the cyanolichen Pseudocyphellaria crocata. New Phytologist
- Bueno C, Montes R, Melen GJ, Ramos-Mejia V, Real PJ, Ayllón V, Sanchez L, Ligero G, Gutierrez-Aranda I, Fernández AF, Fraga MF, Moreno-Gimeno I, Burks D, Del Carmen Plaza-Calonge M, Rodríguez-Manzaneque JC, Menendez P. (2012) Root colonisation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain UPMP3 and induction of defence-related genes in oil palm (Elaeis guineensis). Cell Research
- Moura M, Mituti T, Marubayashi J, Gioria R, Kobori R, Pavan M, Silva N, Krause-Sakate R. (2011) A classification of Pepper yellow mosaic virus isolates into pathotypes. European Journal of Plant Pathology
- Colaiacovo M, Bernardo L, Centomani I, Crosatti C, Giusti L, Orrù L, Tacconi G, Lamontanara A, Cattivelli L, Faccioli P. (2011) A Survey of MicroRNA Length Variants Contributing to miRNome Complexity in Peach (Prunus Persica L). Frontiers in Plant Science
- Yaffe H, Buxdorf K, Shapira I, Ein-Gedy S, Moyal-Ben Zvi M, Fridman E, Moselion M, Levy M. (2011) LogSpin: a simple, economical and fast method for RNA isolation from infected or healthy plants and other eukaryotic tissues. BMC Research Notes
- El-Sharkawy I, El Kayal W, Prasath D, Fernˆndez H, Bouzayen M, Svircev AM, Jayasankar S. (2011) Identification and genetic characterization of a gibberellin 2-oxidase gene that controls tree stature and reproductive growth in plum. Journal of Experimental Botany
- Song Y, Wu K, Dhaubhadel S, An L, Tian L. (2010) Arabidopsis DNA methyltransferase AtDNMT2 associates with histone deacetylase AtHD2s activity. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, p103-114
- Ish-Shalom1 S., Lichter A. (2010) Analysis of Fungal Gene Expression by Real Time Quantitative PCR. Methods in Molecular Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology Methods for Fungi
- El-Sharkawy I, Mila I, Bouzayen M and Jayasankar S. (2010) Regulation of two germin-like protein genes during plum fruit. Journal of Experimental Botony, Mar 4 2010
- El-Sharkawy I, Sherif S, Mila I, Bouzayen M, Jayasankar S. (2009) Molecular characterization of seven genes encoding ethylene-responsive transcriptional factors during plum fruit development and ripening. The Journal of Experimental Botany