Detergent Free Total Protein Purification Kit Add to Cart
• Simple protocol that is free of detergents
• Fast processing time
• Process a variety of inputs
• Compatible with mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy
The Detergent-Free Total Protein Isolation Kit provides a fast and simple procedure for the isolation of total proteins from tissue, bacteria, yeast or mammalian cells without the use of SDS, Triton X-100 and other detergents. Detergents are extensively used to prepare protein samples, however, these detergents have undesirable effects on downstream analysis. These effects include extraneous peaks in mass spectrometry, artifacts with chromatography and electrophoresis, interference with microinjection into cells and interference with protein immunization.
The Detergent-Free Total Protein Isolation Kit maintains high protein recovery. Purification is based on using Norgen’s proprietary resin together with Lysis Solution, followed by protein filtration using Norgen’s filter column. The purified proteins can be used in a number of downstream applications including mass spectrometry, SDS-PAGE, isoelectric focusing, and NMR spectroscopy.
The Detergent-Free Total Protein Isolation Kit contains all the solutions, tubes and columns for the processing of 25 total detergent-free protein samples. Each Lysis Tube is able to process up to 50 mg of tissue, 10^10 bacterial cells, 10^9 yeast cells or 10^7 mammalian cells. Preparation time for 12 samples is less than 10 minutes. The kit has a shelf life of at least 1 year when stored as suggested.
- Khosravi Y, Loke MF, Goh KL, Vadivelu J. (2016) Proteomics Analysis Revealed that Crosstalk between Helicobacter pylori and Streptococcus mitis May Enhance Bacterial Survival and Reduces Carcinogenesis. Frontiers in Microbiology
- Hanafi A, Lee WC, Loke MF, Teh X, Shaari A, Dinarvand M, Lehours P, Mégraud F, Leow AH, Vadivelu J, Goh KL. (2016) Molecular and Proteomic Analysis of Levofloxacin and Metronidazole Resistant Helicobacter pylori. Frontiers in Microbology
- Kok-Gan Chan, Mun Fai Loke, Bee Lee Ong, Yan Ling Wong, Kar Wai Hong, Kian Hin Tan, Sargit Kaur, Hien Fuh Ng, MFA Abdul Razak, Yun Fong Ngeow. (2015) Multiphasic strain differentiation of atypical mycobacteria from elephant trunk wash. PeerJ