Total RNA Purification Kit (96-well column chromatography, deep-well-format) for mammalian cells and tissue, blood, plasma / serum, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants, and viruses Add to Cart
|Quantity:||2 plates/ 192 preps|
• Isolate total RNA, from large rRNA down to microRNA (miRNA)
• Isolate high quality total RNA with complete size range from a variety of sources, even from plasma and serum
• Isolate viral RNA from swab samples
• RNA can be isolated and detected from as little as a single animal cell (see application note - link below)
• No phenol or chloroform extractions
• Fast and easy processing (Lack of phase extraction step allows for easy automation/high throughput applications)
• 96-well plates can be rapidly processed in 30 minutes with vacuum manifold or centrifuge. No need for special equipment.
• Kits with spin columns for individual preparations also available
Norgen’s Total RNA Purification 96-Well Kit provides a rapid method for the high-throughput isolation and purification of total RNA using a 96-well format in 30 minutes. The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA) without the use of inhibitory phenol or chloroform. Total RNA can be isolated from a broad range of sample sources including cultured cells, tissues, blood, serum, plasma, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants and viruses. The kit is highly sensitive, as RNA can be isolated from as little as a single cell.
Purification is based on 96-well spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary Silicon Carbide (SiC) resin as the separation matrix. Purification can be performed on either a vacuum manifold or using centrifugation. Briefly, the cells or tissue of interest is first lysed using the provided Lysis Solution, ethanol is added and the RNA is bound to Norgen´s 96-well filter plates . Under these conditions only the RNA will bind to Norgen´s resin while most of the contaminating cellular proteins are removed in the flowthrough or retained on top of the resin. The bound RNA is then washed to remove any remaining impurities. Lastly, the purified total RNA is eluted into 75 uL of the provided Elution Buffer or water.
Norgen’s proprietary Silicon Carbide resin provides superior affinity to the full size range of RNA molecules, resulting in large and small RNA (miRNA) purification with excellent consistency and sensitivity. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, expression array assays, miRNA cloning and Next Generation Sequencing.
Large kit size (6 x 96 rxns)
Norgen Total RNA Isolation Kit with individual spin columns
Publication: Silicon Carbide as a Novel RNA Affinity Medium
Application Note: RNA from as little as one cell
Product Overview Flyer