CleanAll RNA and DNA Clean-Up and Concentration Micro Kit Add to Cart
For the rapid and efficient purification, cleanup and concentration of RNA or DNA
• Purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)
• RNA is preferentially purified from other reaction components such as proteins and nucleotides, without the use of phenol or chloroform
• Purifies all sizes of DNA, from small PCR products to plasmids to genomic DNA.
• Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of 10 samples in 20 minutes.
• Versatile performance - Both DNA and RNA can be cleaned and concentrated using the same kit. Clean-up nucleic acids from a variety of isolation methods and upstream enzymatic reactions.
• Optional endotoxin removal - Optional protocol is provided for the rapid removal of endotoxins from previously purified RNA or DNA.
Norgen’s CleanAll RNA/DNA Clean-Up and Concentration Micro Kit provides a rapid method for the purification, cleanup and concentration of RNA or DNA from different isolation methods or upstream applications. The kit can be used as an alternative to organic extraction and ethanol precipitation to clean up various enzymatic reactions. The CleanAll Kit purifies RNA from phenol/guanidine-based protocols or from various upstream enzymatic reactions such as DNase treatment, labeling and in vitro transcription. Furthermore, endotoxins can be removed from previously purified RNA solutions. The kit can be used to clean up DNA from digestions, ligations, PCR reactions, labeling reactions, DNA modification reactions and staining. The kit also provides a protocol for the rapid removal of endotoxins from previously purified DNA down to 0.1 EU/µg DNA or less.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. Briefly, the samples or reaction containing RNA or DNA is mixed with Binding Solution and the nucleic acids are bound to Norgen´s column (BIND). Under these conditions only the nucleic acids will bind to Norgen´s resin while most of the contaminating proteins and nucleotides are removed in the flowthrough. The bound nucleic acid is then washed to remove any remaining impurities (WASH). Lastly, the purified total RNA or DNA is eluted into the provided Elution Buffer L or water (ELUTE). Please see the procedure flowchart below.
High Recoveries and Efficient Endotoxin Removal. High recoveries of DNA can be seen when using the CleanAll kit, and these high recoveries are not compromised even during endotoxin removal. In Panel A, 1 µg of a PCR product was cleaned using the CleanAll RNA/DNA Clean-Up and Concentration Kit as well as Norgen´s PCR Purification Kit. More than 0.9 µg of the DNA was recovered from both kits with a comparable percent recovery of over 90%. In Panel B, 10 µg of plasmid DNA preparation was cleaned from endotoxin by using the CleanAll RNA/DNA Kit. Endotoxin levels of the plasmid DNA sample were reduced from 0.75 EU/µg plasmid DNA to less 0.05 EU/µg plasmid DNA. Approximately 95% of the endotoxin units in the DNA sample were removed using the kit, therefore the kit allows for high recoveries coupled with exceptional cleanup.
Clean-Up of RNA with High Recovery. Norgen’s CleanAll RNA/DNA Clean-Up and Concentration Kit can be used to clean up various enzymatic reactions including DNase treatment. In Figure 2 above, Lane 1 is the RNA input, while lanes 2-5 contain the RNA that has been cleaned using Norgen’s CleanAll Kit. It can be seen that in all cases the recovery is high, and the purified RNA is intact and of a high quality.
- Kong, X., Duan, Y., Schramm, A., Eriksen, J., & Petersen, S. O. (2016) 3,4-Dimethylpyrazole phosphate (DMPP) reduces activity of ammonia oxidizers without adverse effects on non-target soil microorganisms and functions. Applied Soil Ecology
- Duan YF, Kong XW, Schramm A, Labouriau R, Eriksen J, Petersen SO. (2016) Microbial N transformations and N2O emission after simulated grassland cultivation: Effects of the nitrification inhibitor 3,4-dimethylpyrazole phosphate (DMPP). Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Mark Alexander Lever, Andrea Torti, Philip Eickenbusch, Alexander Bryce Michaud, Tina Šantl-Temkiv and Bo Barker Jørgensen. (2015) A modular method for the extraction of DNA and RNA, and the separation of DNA pools from diverse environmental sample types. Frontiers in Microbiology
- Wang WP, Ho PY, Chen QX, Addepalli B, Limbach PA, Li MM, Wu WJ, Jilek JL, Qiu JX, Zhang HJ, Li T, Wun T, White RD, Lam KS, Yu AM. (2015) Bioengineering Novel Chimeric microRNA-34a for Prodrug Cancer Therapy: High-Yield Expression and Purification, and Structural and Functional Characterization. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Gustavo Olszanski Acrani1, Natasha L Tilston-Lunel2, Martin Spiegel3, Manfred Weidemann4, Meik Dilcher5, Daisy Elaine Andrade da Silva6, Marcio R.T. Nunes7 and Richard M. Elliott. (2014) Establishment of a minigenome system for Oropouche orthobunyavirus reveals the S genome segment to be significantly longer than previously reported. Journal of General Virology
- Antje Gittel, Jiri Barta, Iva Lacmanova, Joerg Schnecker, Birgit Wild, Petr Capek, Christina Kaiser, Vigdis Torsvik, Andreas Richter, Christa Schleper and Tim Urich. (2014) Site-and horizon-specific patterns of microbial community structure and enzyme activities in permafrost-affected soils of Greenland. Frontiers in Microbiology
- Gittel A, Bárta J, Kohoutová I, Mikutta R, Owens S, Gilbert J, Schnecker J, Wild B, Hannisdal B, Maerz 8, Lashchinskiy N, Capek P, Santrucková H, Gentsch N, Shibistova O, Guggenberger G, Richter A, Torsvik VL, Schleper C, Urich T. (2013) Distinct microbial communities associated with buried soils in the Siberian tundra. RNA Biology
- El-Mogy M and Haj-Ahmad Y. (2012) Effect of DNA Contaminants on Calcium Phosphate-Based DNA Delivery and Gene Expression. Journal of Biotech Research
- Lorenzi T, Turi A, Lorenzi M, Paolinelli F, Mancioli F Sala L, Morroni M, Ciarmela P, Mantovani A, Tranquilli A, Castellucci M, Marzioni D. (2012) Placental Expression of CD100, CD72 and CD45 Is Dysregulated in Human Miscarriage. PLOS One
- Dilcher M, Koch A, Hasib L, Dobler G, Hufert FT, Weidmann M. (2012) Genetic characterization of Erve virus, a European Nairovirus distantly related to Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. Virus Genes
- Silviera ML, Smith BP, Powell J, Sapienza C. (2012) Epigenetic Differences in Normal Colon Mucosa of Cancer Patients Suggest Altered Dietary Metabolic Pathways. Cancer Preventation Research