ProteoSpin Urine Protein Concentration MAXI Kit Add to Cart
* Concentrate and desalt up to 4 mg of urine protein in 45 minutes
* Convenient spin column format
* No molecular weight cutoff
Urine protein analysis can be used for the identification of potential biomarkers in urine, and to diagnose and/or monitor renal and other diseases. Due to the fact that urine can be collected more readily and conveniently than blood, it provides an attractive alternative to blood plasma as a potential source of disease biomarkers.
The ProteoSpin ™ Urine Protein Concentration Maxi Kit provides a fast and simple procedure for concentrating dilute solutions of urine proteins from large volumes of urine. The kit employs spin-column chromatography using Norgen’s patented protein resin as an ion exchanger. Urine proteins will bind to the column, while non-specifically bound materials such as salts are easily removed from the sample. Each spin column is able to concentrate and desalt up to 4 mg of urine proteins (maximum urine input volume 20 ml)
Concentration of Urine Proteins: Urine proteins are concentrated many-fold using the ProteoSpin Urine Protein Concentration Maxi Kit. Lane A contains 20 uL of a urine sample that was used as the input, while Lane B contains 5 uL of the elution, Lane C contains 10 uL of the elution, and Lane D contains 20 uL of the elution . By comparing lanes A and D (equal volume amounts of input and output), it can clearly be seen that the urine proteins have been highly concentrated though the use of the kit.
Column Activation and Wash Buffer 130 mL
pH Binding Buffer 8 mL
Stabilizer 2 mL
Elution Buffer 16 mL
Neutralizer 2 mL
Maxi Spin Columns (assembled with collection tubes) 4
Elution tubes (50 mL) 4
ProteoSpin™ Urine Protein Concentration Maxi Kit Benefits
* Fast and easy processing - Efficiently process 4 samples in approximately 45 minutes using an easy-to-use protocol.
* Complete kit- All columns and solutions required are provided.
* No molecular weight cutoff - Based on an ion exchange mechanism, a broad size range of proteins can be processed.
* Proteins bind while salts are discarded in flowthrough - Norgen’s resin has an inherent low affinity for salt, and high affinity for proteins - providing salt removal and protein concentration simultaneously.
* Suitable for a whole range of downstream applications - Final elution suitable for:
• 2D Gel Electrophoresis
• Whole Protein Mass Spectrometry
• Protein Microarrays
- Toler K, King W, Woodell-may JE. (2016) Methods of Treating Pain Using Protein Solutions. United States Patent Application 20160136245
- Matuska A, O'shaughnessey K, Woodell-may JE. (2016) Treatment of Collagen Defects Using Protein Solutions. United States Patent Application 20160166645
- Bathla S, Rawat P, Baithalu R, Yadav ML, Naru J, Tiwari A, Kumar S, Balhara AK, Singh S, Chaudhary S, Kumar R, Lotfan M, Behare P, Phulia SK, Mohanty TK, Kaushik JK, Nallapeta S, Singh I, Ambatipudi SK, Mohanty AK. (2015) Profiling of urinary proteins in Karan Fries cows reveals more than 1550 proteins. Journal of Proteomics
- Lu CY, Chang YM, Tseng WL, Feng CH, Lu CY. (2008) Plasmin activates epithelial Na+ channels by cleaving the gamma subunit. Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Chen YT, Tsao CY, Li JM, Tsai CY, Chiu SF, Tseng TL. (2007) Large-scale protein identification of human urine proteome by multi-dimensional LC and MS/MS. Proteomics Clinical Applications