FFPE Total RNA and Genomic DNA Purification Plus Kit (includes DNAse) - for Research Use Add to Cart
Special467.10 € - valid until 30 September 2019
Sequential isolation and purification of Total RNA and Genomic DNA from FFPE
• Fast and easy processing using rapid spin-column format
• Complete column purification - Separate fractionation of RNA and DNA
• No phenol or chloroform extractions
• Reduce variability - RNA and DNA are isolated from a single sample with no splitting of the lysate, thus reducing inconsistent results and variability
• Isolate a diversity of RNA species - All sizes of RNA are isolated, from large mRNA down to microRNA
• Isolate high quality RNA and DNA - The purified RNA and DNA are of the highest quality and can be used in a number of downstream applications
Norgen’s FFPE RNA/DNA Purification Plus Kit provides a rapid method for the sequential isolation and purification of total RNA (including microRNA) and genomic DNA from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue samples. Using formalin to fix tissues leads to crosslinking of the nucleic acids and proteins, and the process of embedding the tissue samples can also lead to fragmentation of the nucleic acids over time. Norgen’s FFPE RNA/DNA Purification Plus Kit provides conditions that allow for the partial reversing of the formalin modifications, resulting in a high quality and yield of nucleic acids. The kit is able to purify all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA), depending on the age of the FFPE tissue as the degree of fragmentation of the RNA will increase over time. The RNA is purified from other cellular components without the use of phenol or chloroform. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression array assays. The purified genomic DNA is also of the highest quality, and can be used in PCR reactions, sequencing, Southern blotting and SNP analysis.
Superior Recovery of High Quality RNA and DNA from FFPE Spleen Tissues. Norgen’s FFPE RNA/DNA Purification Plus Kit isolates FFPE RNA and DNA that exceeds the yield of competitors. Total RNA and DNA was isolated from equal amount of hamster FFPE Spleen sections (20 micron thickness) using Norgen’s FFPE RNA /DNA Purification Plus Kit and a leading competitor’s kits. Triplicate isolations were performed for each product. The top graphs demonstrate the mean yield of RNA (Panel A) and DNA (Panel B) according to NanoDrop measurement. The bottom graphs showed the mean 260:280 ratio and 260:230 ratio of RNA (Panel C) and DNA (Panel D) according to NanoDrop measurement. Norgen´s kit consistently purified total RNA and DNA with a higher yield and higher quality than for those obtained using the market competitor´s kits.
Recovery of High Quality DNA and True Total RNA including microRNA from Hamster Spleen. Genomic DNA isolated using Norgen’s FFPE RNA/DNA Purification Plus Kit is of high quality with effective qPCR amplification. Panel A showed that in a qPCR using primers against the 5S rRNA gene using equal amount of FFPE DNA as template, the DNA isolated with Norgen’s kit showed better amplification (lower Ct value). Moreover, Norgen’s FFPE RNA/DNA Purification Plus Kit isolates true total RNA including microRNA. With same amount of RNA as template in RT-qPCR reactions for transcripts of miR-21 (Panel B for microRNA) and beta-Actin (Panel C for mRNA), RNA isolated by Norgen showed better amplification in beta-Actin and significantly better in miR-21 microRNA.
- Farah Rahmatpanah, Kathleen McGuire, Michael Lilly, Michael McClelland and Dan Mercola. (2017) The use of whole genome methylation scanning to define genes preferentially suppressed in African American Prostate Cancer. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention
- David M. Goldenberg, Robert J. Rooney, Meiyu Loo, Donglin Liu, Chien-Hsing Chang. (2014) In-Vivo Fusion of Human Cancer and Hamster Stromal Cells Permanently Transduces and Transcribes Human DNA. PLOS ONE