Urine Exosome Total RNA Isolation Kit Add to Cart
Special466.20 € - valid until 30 September 2019
A rapid procedure for the isolation of exosomal RNA from urine sample
• Fast and easy processing - Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of multiple samples in under 30 minutes.
• Versatile urine input volume - Isolate urine exosomal RNA from 1 mL to 10 mL of urine samples
• No phenol or chloroform extractions
• Isolate inhibitor-free RNA suitable for downstream applications
Norgen’s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit provides a rapid procedure for the isolation of exosomal RNA from urine samples. Exosomes are 40 - 100 nm membrane vesicles, which are secreted by most cell types. Exosomes can be found in saliva, blood, urine, amniotic fluid and malignant ascite fluids, among other biological fluids. Evidence has been accumulating recently that these vesicles act as cellular messengers, conveying information to distant cells and tissues within the body. The exosomes contain cell-specific proteins, lipids and RNAs, which are transported to other cells, where they can alter function and/or physiology. These exosomes may play a functional role in mediating adaptive immune responses to infectious agents and tumours, tissue repair, neural communication and transfer of pathogenic proteins. Recent work has demonstrated the presence of distinct subsets of microRNAs within exosomes which depend upon the tumour cell type from which they are secreted. For this reason exosomal RNAs may serve as biomarkers for various diseases including cancer. As the RNA molecules encapsulated within exosomes are protected from degradation by RNAses they can be efficiently recovered from biological fluids, such as urine. Norgen’s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit makes exosomal RNA discoveries simple, rapid and reliable. Users can simultaneously concentrate and isolate high quality exosomal RNA, including microRNA, fully compatible with various downstream applications relating to gene regulation and functional analysis, including RT-PCR, northern blotting and microarray analysis.
Isolation of Urine Exosomal RNA from Different Urine Volumes. Norgen’s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit was used to isolate urine exosomal RNA from different urine volumes ranging from 1 – 15 mL, and the yield of RNA obtained was compared to the conventional Nanofilteration method. Norgen’s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit procedure showed a linear increase in the RNA yield with an increase in urine volume processed. Furthermore, when isolating exosomal RNA from 10 mL of urine using Norgen´s kit and the conventional Nanofilteration method, Norgen´s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit showed a higher yield.
Detection of Urine Exosomal RNA Isolated from Different Urine Volumes. Norgen’s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit was then used to isolate Urine Exosomal RNA from different urine volumes rangeing from 1 – 15mL Urine. The purified urine exosomal RNA was then used as the template in an RT-qPCR reaction to detect the human 5S gene. Three microlitres of the isolated urine exosomal RNA was used as the template in the RT step, and 3 ìL from the RT step was used in the qPCR reaction. As it can be seen, the qPCR was able to successfully detect and amplify the 5S gene from RNA isolated from different urine volumes, indicating the high quality of the isolated urine exosomal RNA.
Effective and Consistent Detection of Urine Exosome RNA. Norgen´s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit can effectively isolate RNA from urine. Urine Exosome RNA was isolated from 5 mL of human cell-free urine using Norgen´s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit (blue), a ExoQuick-TC Exosome Precipitation Reagent (green) and a Amicon® Ultra-15 Filter (red). Stem loop RT-qPCR using primers specific to miR-21 and miR-16 as well as the housekeeping 5S rRNA was performed. In brief, three microliters of the 100 µL isolated RNA was then subjected to a 20 µL reverse transcription using 5S rRNA, miR-21 and miR-16 stem-loop reverse primer or reveres primer. Three microliters of the reverse transcription was used in a 20 µL real-time PCR reaction with primers to detect the human miR-21, human miR-16 and the 5S rRNA. Norgen´s Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit is the only product that showed consistent detection of all tested transcripts with the highest quality.
- Ichii O, Ohta H, Horino T, Nakamura T, Hosotani M, Mizoguchi T, Morishita K, Nakamura K, Hoshino Y, Takagi S, Sasaki N, Takiguchi M, Sato R, Oyamada K, Kon Y. (2017) Urinary exosome-derived microRNAs reflecting the changes of renal function and histopathology in dogs. Scientific Reports
- Lekchnov EA, Zaporozhchenko IA, Morozkin ES, Bryzgunova OE, Vlassov VV, Laktionov PP. (2016) Protocol for miRNA isolation from biofluids. Analytical Biochemistry
- Royo F, Zuñiga-Garcia P, Sanchez-Mosquera P, Egia A, Perez A, Loizaga A, Arceo R, Lacasa I, Rabade A, Arrieta E, Bilbao R, Unda M4, Carracedo A, Falcon-Perez JM. (2016) Different EV enrichment methods suitable for clinical settings yield different subpopulations of urinary extracellular vesicles from human samples. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles
- Magda Wachalska, Danijela Koppers-Lalic, Monique van Eijndhoven, Michiel Pegtel, Albert A. Geldof, Andrea D. Lipinska, R. Jeroen van Moorselaar and Irene V. Bijnsdorp. (2016) Protein Complexes in Urine Interfere with Extracellular Vesicle Biomarker Studies. Journal of Circulating Biomarkers
- Irene Giovannellia, Valeria Clausia, Souichi Nukuzumab, Nunzia Della Malvaa, Daniele Nosia, Simone Giannecchini. (2016) Polyomavirus JC microRNA expression after infection in vitro. Virus Research
- Vignolini, T., Macera, L., Antonelli, G., Pistello, M., Maggi, F., & Giannecchini, S. (2016) Investigation on torquetenovirus (TTV) microRNA transcriptome in vivo. Virus Research
- Zhang M, Viennois E, Prasad M, Zhang Y, Wang L, Zhang Z, Han MK, Xiao B, Xu C, Srinivasan S, Merlin D. (2016) Edible ginger-derived nanoparticles: A novel therapeutic approach for the prevention and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and colitis-associated cancer. Biomaterials
- Tataruch-Weinert D, Musante L, Kretz O, Holthofer H. (2016) Urinary extracellular vesicles for RNA extraction: optimization of a protocol devoid of prokaryote contamination. Journal of Extracellular Vesicles
- Eissa, S., Matboli, M., & Bekhet, M. M. (2016) Clinical verification of a novel urinary microRNA panal: 133b, -342 and -30 as biomarkers for diabetic nephropathy identified by bioinformatics analysis. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy
- Torrano V, Royo F, Peinado H, Loizaga-Iriarte A, Unda M, Falcón-Perez JM, Carracedo A. (2016) Vesicle-MaNiA: extracellular vesicles in liquid biopsy and cancer. Current Opinion in Pharmacology
- Eissa, S., Matboli, M., Aboushahba, R., Bekhet, M. M., & Soliman, Y. (2016) Urinary exosomal microRNA panel unravels novel biomarkers for diagnosis of type 2 Diabetic Kidney Disease. Journal of Diabetes and its Complications
- Seashols-Williams S, Lewis C, Calloway C, Peace N, Harrison A, Hayes-Nash C, Fleming S, Wu Q, Zehner ZE. (2016) High-throughput miRNA sequencing and identification of biomarkers for forensically relevant biological fluids. Electrophoresis
- Felix Royo, Izzuddin Diwan, Michael R. Tackett, Patricia Zuñiga, Pilar Sanchez-Mosquera, Ana Loizaga-Iriarte, Aitziber Ugalde-Olano, Isabel Lacasa, Amparo Perez, Miguel Unda, Arkaitz Carracedo, and Juan M. Falcon-Perez. (2016) Comparative miRNA Analysis of Urine Extracellular Vesicles Isolated through Five Different Methods. Cancers
- Luděk Záveský, Eva Jandáková, Radovan Turyna, Lucie Langmeierová, Vít Weinberger, Lenka Záveská Drábková, Martina Hůlková, Aleš Hořínek, Daniela Dušková, Jaroslav Feyereisl, Luboš Minář, Milada Kohoutová. (2015) Evaluation of Cell-Free Urine microRNAs Expression for the Use in Diagnosis of Ovarian and Endometrial Cancers A Pilot Study. Pathology & Oncology Research
- Zavesky L, Jandakova E, Turyna R, Langmeierova L, Weinberger V, Minar L. (2015) Supernatant versus exosomal urinary microRNAs Two fractions with different outcomes in gynaecological cancers. Neoplasma
- Henriett Butz, Roy Nofech-Mozes, Qiang Ding, Heba W.Z. Khella, Peter M. Szabó, Michael Jewett, Antonio Finelli, Jason Lee, Michael Ordon, Robert Stewart, Sergey Kreylov, George M. Yousef. (2015) Exosomal MicroRNAs Are Diagnostic Biomarkers and Can Mediate Cell–Cell Communication in Renal Cell Carcinoma. European Urology Focus
- Crossland RE1, Norden J2, Bibby LA2, Davis J2, Dickinson AM2. (2015) Evaluation of optimal extracellular vesicle small RNA isolation and qRT-PCR normalisation for serum and urine samples. Journal of Immunological Methods
- Mustafa Isin, Ege Uysaler, Emre Ozgur, Hikmet Koseoglu, Oner Sanli, Omer Baris Yucel, Ugur Gezer and Nejat Dalay. (2015) Exosomal lncRNA-p21 levels may help to distinguish prostate cancer from benign disease. Frontiers in Genetics
- Ramezani A, Devaney JM, Cohen S, Wing MR, Scott R, Knoblach S, Singhal R, Howard L, Kopp JB, Raj DS. (2015) Circulating and urinary microRNA profile in focal segmental glomerulosclerosis: a pilot study. European Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Giovannelli I, Martelli F, Repice A, Massacesi L, Azzi A, Giannecchini S. (2015) Detection of JCPyV microRNA in blood and urine samples of multiple sclerosis patients under natalizumab therapy. Journal of NeuroVirology
- Hudson MB, Woodworth-Hobbs ME, Zheng B, Rahnert JA, Blount MA, Gooch JL, Searles CD, Price SR. (2014) miR-23a is decreased during muscle atrophy by a mechanism that includes calcineurin signaling and exosome-mediated export. American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology
- Cheng L, Sun X, Scicluna BJ, Coleman BM, Hill AF. (2014) Characterization and deep sequencing analysis of exosomal and non-exosomal miRNA in human urine. Urine Exosome RNA Isolation Kit
- McAllister J,Modi B, Miller B, Biegler J, Bruggeman R, Legro R, and Strauss III J. (2014) Overexpression of a DENND1A isoform produces a polycystic ovary syndrome theca phenotype. PNAS Journal
- Luca Musante, Dorota Tataruch, Dongfeng Gu, Alberto Benito-Martin, Giulio Calzaferri, Sinead Aherne & Harry Holthofer. (2014) A Simplified Method to Recover Urinary Vesicles for Clinical Applications, and Sample Banking. Scientific Reports
- Shidong Jia, Davide Zocco, Michael L Samuels, Michael F Chou, Roger Chammas, Johan Skog, Natasa Zarovni, Fatemeh Momen-Heravi, and Winston Patrick Kuo. (2014) Emerging technologies in extracellular vesicle-based molecular diagnostics. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics
- Rachel E Crossland, Jean Norden, Louis Bibby, Joanna Davis, Anne M Dickinson. (2014) Validation of Isolation Methodology and Endogenous Control Selection for qRT-PCR Assessment of Microrna Expression in Serum and Urine Exosomes. Blood