AAV (Adeno Associated Virus) Product Line
- Adeno Associated Expression Control
- Adeno Associated Expression Vectors
- Adeno Associated Packaging Kit
- Adeno Associated Transduction
- Adeno Associated Virus Purification Kits
- Adeno Associated Virus Quantification Kits
- Cell Line for Adeno Associated Virus Applications
- Premade Adeno Associated Virus Particles
The Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV ) is a non-enveloped, small single-stranded DNA Parvovirus. Its genome consists of two open reading frames, Rep and Cap, which are flanked by two inverted terminal repeats (ITR). Besides Rep and Cap, AAV requires a helper plasmid containing the adenovirus genes E4, E2a and VA. These genes mediate the AAV replication.
AAV products are extremely useful tools for inserting genes into a wide range of cell types independent of active cell division. The immunogenic response is minimal for highly purified viruses and they lack random integration into the host genome.
The intensity of gene expression and tissue tropism depends highly on the AAV serotype used in different tissues.
Different serotypes differ mainly in the surface protein (capsid). Carefully choosing the serotype enables robust gene expression in specific tissues with minimal immune response. The table below gives an overview of the different serotypes.