|BIO-38032-BL||MANUAL||100 ml||217.00 €||Add to Cart|
|BIO-38033-BL||MANUAL||200 ml||396.00 €||Add to Cart|
A reagent for fast, simple, scalable purification of high-quality total RNA, or the simultaneous isolation of RNA, genomic DNA and protein from a wide variety of biological samples.
- Fast – simple protocol for isolation of high quality total RNA, genomic DNA and proteins in as little as 60 minutes
- Efficient – RNA, DNA and protein can be recovered from samples precious or biopsy samples through sequential isolation
- Convenient – an easy-to-use green dye enables easy determination of the phases for improved pipetting accuracy
- Flexible – reagent volume can be scaled for effective extraction of small to large input amounts of cells and tissue
- Consistent – protocol eliminates lysate splitting, thereby improving repeatability of results and increasing yield
TRIsure provides a simple, efficient method for the sequential isolation of total RNA, genomic DNA and proteins from a wide variety of starting materials.
By combining thiocyanate compounds with phenol, TRIsure facilitates disruption of cells during homogenization and effectively inhibits DNase and RNase activity. After homogenizing the sample with TRIsure, chloroform is added and the homogenate is allowed to separate into three phases: a clear aqueous phase (upper) containing the RNA, a green colored organic phase (lower) and an interphase, containing the DNA and proteins. The RNA is extracted from the aqueous phase by isopropyl alcohol precipitation, DNA is precipitated from the organic layer with ethanol and the proteins are precipitated from the phenol-ethanol supernatant by isopropyl alcohol precipitation. The precipitated RNA, DNA, or protein is washed to remove impurities and then resuspended for use in downstream applications.
TRIsure allows for highly reliable integrative analysis of the transcriptome, genome and proteome, since the RNA, DNA and proteins are derived from the same sample and the same cell population.
The simplicity of the TRIsure method allows simultaneous processing of a large number of samples and can be used in a wide variety of downstream applications including expression profiling, epigenetics, genotyping, transgenic analysis and cell line characterization.
- qPCR and RT-qPCR
- End-point PCR and RT-PCR
- Northern/Southern/Western, dot and slot blotting
- Gene expression analysis
- Transgenic analysis
- Cell line characterization
- 2D gel electrophoresis
- Mass spectroscopy