In order to make primary cell lines continue to grow and divide indefinitely in vitro, an immortalization process is applied to primary cells to significantly prolong their lifespan.
BioCat offers a large number of ready-to-use recombinant lenti-, retro- or adenoviral particles for the expression of e.g. SV40 T antigen or hTERT to facilitate your cell immortalization project. More than 400 premade immortalized cell lines from many organisms are provided.
Cell Immortalization Tools
- SV40 T Antigen Expression
- hTERT Expression
- HPV16 E6/E7 Expression
- Adenovirus E1A/E1B Expression
- Tumor Suppressor Gene Inactivation
Premade Immortalized Cell Lines
- Characteristics of primary cells retained
- Continuous source of cells
- Greatest experimental reproducibility
- Easier to maintain and culture than primary cells