RNA methylation plays a significant role as an epigenetic mechanism. N6-methyladenosine (m6A) is the most common and abundant methylation modification in RNA molecules present in eukaryotes. 5-methylcytosine (5-mC) also commonly occurs in various RNA molecules. Recent data strongly suggest that m6A and 5-mC RNA methylation affects the regulation of various biological processes such as RNA stability and mRNA translation, and that abnormal RNA methylation contributes to etiology of human diseases.
A number of kits developed by our partner Epigentek are offered for RNA methylation analysis.
For absorbance-based quantitation of N6-methyladenosine in RNA in an ELISA-like format, choose the EpiQuik m6A RNA Methylation Quantification Kit (Colorimetric).
EpiQuik m6A RNA Methylation Quantification Kit (Colorimetric)
- Colorimetric ELISA-like assay - based on an m6A antibody
- Fast procedure - completed within 3 hours and 45 minutes
- High sensitivity - detection limit as low as 10 pg of m6A
- High specificity - no cross-reactivity to unmethylated adenosine
- Unique binding solution - m6A quantification from both mRNA and ncRNA
*Expires 28 April 2017