Northern blots are available for mouse, rat, human, dog, cat, hamster, Guinea pig, rabbit, bovine, equine, pig, sheep and chicken tissues to fit the specific need of scientists from different research fields. Blots are prepared from high quality total RNA blotted onto positively charged nylon or nitrocellulose membranes.
- Ready to use, pre-blotted with high quality total RNA
- Suitable for both radioactive and non-radioactive probes
- Reusable for several times, just strip probe and re-hybridize with new one
- Quickly assess gene expression across all tissues
- Determine size and relative abundance of transcripts in different tissues
- Identify alternative splice forms
- Blots are made from RNA that is treated with RNase-free DNase to remove residual DNA. The purity and integrity of RNA are tested by denaturing agarose gel electrophoresis.
- The efficiency of transfer is checked by staining gels with reversible staining
- The integrity of the blotted RNA is tested by beta-actin specific probe
The freshly isolated total RNA samples (20ug each) of tissues are fractionated though formaldehyde-denaturing agarose gel eletrophoresis, blotted onto a positively charged nylon membranes, and immobilized by UV light. Each blot contains up to 22 samples in addition to the RNA molecular size standard.
Blots are shipped in a sealed bags at room temperature and stay good for 1 year if stored at 4°C in the sealed bags.